Thursday 26 September 2013

Almond Berry Oatmeal


All you need to make a beautiful healthy breakfast
This is my weekday breakfast. It is kind of a ritual for me now. I put it on before I water my gardens and go for my walk. When I get back it is perfectly creamy and just the right temperature for eating. I adapted this from a Curves Complete recipe. I attend the local Curves gym after work four nights a week and follow their diet program for $20 a week. Bargain! I have lost 7kg in three months and still counting. Here is the link if you want more information http://www.curvescomplete.com/ or I will probably do a blog about it in the future.

Almond Berry Oatmeal

This recipe will serve 1 person. It is very good for you and the cinnamon in particular serves to boost your metabolism.

Ingredients
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup berries of your choice ie. strawberries, mulberries, blueberries. (If I don't have fresh ones I use frozen ones which still works out fine)
1/2 cup almond milk (skim milk is fine also)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
Sugar or Stevia

For the first step, I place the oats and water into a deep microwave bowl. I use an old small mix-master bowl. The reason I say a deep bowl is that I have had it overflow and make an awful mess in the microwave.
Microwave on high for two minutes and then mix in a little of the milk and stir.


Next place your berries on the top, add the cinnamon and slivered almonds. I sometimes also add chia seeds of lsa (flaxseed mix) at this stage for extra fibre. Add the rest of the almond milk and stir, then microwave for further 3 minutes on high. Go for your morning walk.....


When you return you will have a berry-coloured bowl of almond oatmeal. Give it a stir and add milk according to how thick or runny you like it. I then add two teaspoons of stevia to sweeten. Heat for another 30 seconds if too cool.

Sit down with your coffee and enjoy!!

Cheers
Tanya
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...