Friday 26 September 2014

'Stand n Stuff' Quiche



I have recently come across this easy quiche made in the slow cooker. Last night I decided to bake some in the oven...just to make sure the shell stayed crispy. They turned out beautifully and I packed one for lunch today with some salad. So why did I call them 'stand n stuff'?


Well, because I used these beaut little soft taco boats as the base. Super easy and lower in calories than pastry.


I placed four 'boats' on a greased oven tray.


Then chopped some bacon, kale, tomato and capsicum.


I placed the fillings into the boats, then poured whisked eggs (six) to cover, and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.


Voila! I baked them for about 30 minutes at 150 degrees. You don't want the oven too hot or the 'boats' will burn on the edges. These look a little dark in the photo but were just perfect!

How is that for the easiest, quickest quiche on the run?

                                                   Bake Play Smile
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...