Wednesday 10 December 2014

Permaculture Garden Tour


Every so often I get the amazing opportunity to spend time with my local Permaculture Group at one of the member's farms. It is a great opportunity to learn new ways of doing things and to see what I have learnt put into practice. It is this type of farm I one day aspire to creating. Hope you enjoy the pictorial.

The hill where a gravity fed tank will be installed

Permaculture gardens always have plenty of bamboo

I must ask for some Banana suckers for my garden.

Mulberry bushes and bunches of hanging bananas

I should have written down what type of bean this one is

Protecting young seedlings with poly pipe

Row and rows of productive garden beds

Leeks and spring onions

They recently added the drip irrigation system

Beneficial dandelions to attract bees, and well protected bean seedlings

I must have another go at planting sunflowers...spectacular

Love the colours and textures and diversity of this garden

A very healthy cape gooseberry. I had no idea they grew this big

They use untreated sawdust for mulch, low cost from local timber mill

A very practical outdoor sink with a view

Puts my garlic to shame
My Little Drummer Boys
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...