Sunday 4 May 2014

Simple Living Sunday 25


Well, my blogging life is back to normal again after a busy month for the A-Z Challenge. I have been looking forward to updating you with the goings on around here, and thought I'd start with this beautiful sunset from earlier this week. The photo was taken from my upstairs verandah.


I had a good forage around the garden today and was pleased to see that I finally have some passionfruit flowers...


...and surprised to find these couple of passionfruit hiding. Looks like I will get my winter crop after all.


The Blue Lake beans have taken over the trellis and are growing over the back...


...and there are even a few young beans.


Despite constant pollinating the pumpkins keep dying. This one was about the size of a tennis ball so it was definitely pollinated. I will need to do some research as to what the problem may be.


As you can see, the pumpkin vine is huge with potentially 30-40 pumpkins to harvest with some luck.


I found many, many tennis ball size pumpkins like this one...so fingers crossed.


The Rainbow Chard in the lemon tree garden is growing well.


And I have heaps of cabbage seedlings which have now taken off, most planted from seed.


I have planted five varieties of Kale as it does really well here. This is a Black Tuscan.


These stray silverbeet from my spring garden are still doing well.


This eggplant is just about ready to pick.


This capsicum is just about to flower.


More cabbage :)


The kale in the gumtree garden is still going strong - planted in September last year...


 ...So I planted some more.


I have never grown corn before and it seems to be growing well. They are about 70cm tall now.


 Last season's silverbeet which survived the drought. 


 These are cauliflowers in the water tank garden.


And some beetroot.


We already have a few pea pods appearing even though the plants are small.


Another variety of kale - planted in the lemon tree garden.


A few mignonette lettuce doing well near the corn.


I thought I'd finish up with this photo of a little Echidna trying to burrow down in the stones out the front. Poor little thing was not having much luck...and by morning he had left. Very cute.

So, there is a lot going on in the garden at the moment and I have many stories to tell about things I have been making and doing during my holidays. Can't wait to share them with you.

Hope you had a great weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...