Every Sunday night for the past few weeks I have been baking a something to go with my kids lunches. I have become a big fan of muffins because I can usually prepare them whilst I am cooking dinner and pop them in the oven with a potato dish or casserole to save on the gas. The biggest bonus is that the kids love them...and these went so fast I will make a double batch this weekend. They make a good substitute for sandwiches which my boys are not overly fond of.
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, diced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 50g butter, melted
- Pinch black or cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives or parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Tasty Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1.Preheat oven to 190C.
- 2.Pan-fry bacon (dont let get crisp).
- 3. Beat eggs in a bowl adding milk, butter, cayenne pepper and chives or parsley.
- 4. Into a separate bowl, sift flour, add bacon and cheese. Stir in egg mixture and mix until combined. Line a medium 12 muffin pan with muffin cases or use a non stick pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
There you have it. An easy lunchbox idea thrown together on a Sunday night.
Do you bake muffins? I made banana and chocolate muffins a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any other easy suggestions?
Have a great weekend everyone!! :)