Monday 3 March 2014

Simple Living Sunday 19


What a busy week it has been here. We are having a property boom in Gympie so my work (conveyancing) is extremely busy. By the time I go to gym after work and then get home, not alot has been getting done around the farm. This weekend also included my parents-in-law 50th wedding anniversary and the boys Army Cadets day, hence why I am late with my Sunday post. I did, however, manage to get a few things done on Saturday.


Alicia from One Mother Hen suggested I try drying my excess of cherry tomatoes for something different, so I gave it a go. I started by slicing them in half and placing them on an oven tray lined with baking paper, cut side facing up.


I then sprinkled them with salt and olive oil and put them in the oven on low heat with the fan on for a couple of hours.


They dried out nicely, and I popped them into a jar with some more olive oil. I will let them sit for a few days and then try them out.


I picked up some beautiful Roma tomatoes for $3 a kilo this week, so it was time for another batch of pasta sauce.


This time I added some tomato paste for colour, and used a stick blender to make the sauce less chunky (a request from my daughter)


Another seven jars of pasta sauce produced at roughly $2.50 per jar. The labels are still on from the last batch as they did not wash off.


The seedlings are still going well and I am pleased to see one little capsicum on the right, grown from my own seeds. No such luck with the bok choi though :)


Nanna Chel from Going Grey and Slightly Green suggested buying seeds from the The Seed Collection and I have to say I am very impressed with them. I finally found Kale seeds which I have been searching for here in Gympie. Most seed packets were $1 and postage was free as I spent more than $5.


Yesterday I visited an organic marketplace and bought a small collection of produce (it was too expensive there to spend too much). I was not really impressed with the quality and can buy better at our local markets here in Gympie. The dried mango was interesting though (and beautiful) and I bought a couple of persimmon even though I have no idea what to do with them :)


I also visited an amazing bushland botanical garden (I will post about it during the week) and found a very healthy brahmi growing on the edge of a pond.


I bought these message bears for the 50th wedding anniversary and they were a hit. Everyone who was there signed them as a momento of the occasion.

I hope you all have a lovely week. I am looking forward to a weekend at home :)

What have you been up to?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...