Tuesday 13 May 2014

Easy Pumpkin Muffins and Pumpkin Soup



I recently did a blog swap with Ali from Over A Cuppa and posted a recipe for Easy Pumpkin Muffins which I made during my holidays. I had cut a large pumpkin and this was one yummy way I found to use some of it.


You can only eat so much mashed pumpkin or roast pumpkin with your dinner every night and it only lasts a week or so in the fridge when cut. I decided I would post the recipe here on my blog too so I can find it again for next time:

Easy Pumpkin Muffins (makes 12)
2 cups self raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed pumpkin
½ cup milk
¼ cup oil

·         Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl
·         Add egg, milk, oil and pumpkin, and continue to mix

·         Bake in a muffin pan at 180 degrees celcius for 2-25 minutes or until done

I love these served with a little bit of my cream cheese. Next time I will do a cream cheese frosting. They are also great for dipping into soup.


I also made a family favourite - Pumpkin Soup. Funny that my kids won't eat pumpkin but they love pumpkin soup. I made some chicken stock and used a cup of it, together with two onions, a few cloves of garlic, half a dozen bacon rashers and half a pumpkin. I just chopped everything up and put it in a large saucepan for about an hour. 


Then I used my hand held blender...and voila...beautiful fresh pumpkin soup. Perfect for winter, especially served with a tiny bit of cream on top.

I think everyone has a favourite pumpkin soup recipe. I am curious...what do you put in your pumpkin soup?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...